Download e-book for iPad: The Meditator's Atlas: A Roadmap to the Inner World by Matthew Flickstein
By Matthew Flickstein
The Meditator’s Atlas really is a accomplished and reliable "roadmap of the interior global" for somebody who meditates. What makes this ebook targeted is the best way Flickstein makes use of vintage Buddhist texts — the trail of Purification, and the 4 Foundations of Mindfulness—to aid readers clarify experience out of the hot, interesting, and sometimes demanding states that one could come across at the lengthy trip to enlightenment. Readers will come clear of this e-book with their very own insights clarified and with a invaluable experience of what lies forward. The Meditator’s Atlas also will attract "spiritual sightseers" — those that simply are looking to take pleasure in a guided travel of the compelling internal territory of meditation.
Read or Download The Meditator's Atlas: A Roadmap to the Inner World PDF
Best eastern books
The instructing of the basrian college of the Mu'tazila within the Classical interval
This special anthology of Buddhist scriptures lines the improvement of Buddhism in the course of the a long time and around the globe. Designed to serve students and scholars alike, this vintage textual content has turn into a necessary source for Buddhists and all those that desire to probe for themselves the unique resources of 1 of the world's nice religions.
The treatise consists of discourses among the Bhagavan Buddha and his disciple Vajragarba, and contains discourses among the Bhagavan and his consort. The Hevajra Tantra, like different Buddhist Sutras and Tantras, commences with the Nidanavakyam--evam maya srutam (Thus have I heard). this can be the resource for the divulge of the Upaya, The capacity, the modes of perform.
- Between Athens and Jerusalem: Philosophy, Prophecy, and Politics in Leo Strauss’s Early Thought
- A Record of the Buddhist Religion as Practised in India and the Malay Archipelago (A.D. 671-695)
- Early Tibetan Documents on Phur pa from Dunhuang
- How a Theravadin Buddhist Chinese Funeral May Be Conducted
Additional info for The Meditator's Atlas: A Roadmap to the Inner World
6) The l i terature that deve loped from this period of Bud dhism is cal led the abhidharma . While organizing the Bud dha's discourses into the Su tra -p itaka , and the monastic rules into the Vi naya -pitaka , the N ikaya scholars a lso devel oped a deta ile d c l assification o f a l l the basic doctrines scat tered throughout the discourses. This process of c l assifying and listing the main "topics" ( m a trka) of the Buddha's dis courses soon became an obj ect of commentaria l and scho las tic study itse lf, and was eventua l ly compiled into a col l ection called the abhidharma -pitaka , making up the "Three Bas kets" (Tripitaka ) of the early Buddhist canon .
W h e t h e r the v i e w o b t a i n s , M a lunkya putta , that the world i s etern a l , o r that the world i s not etern a l , there sti l l remain birth , old age , death , sorro w , l a mentation , m i s e ry , grief, a n d de spair . . W h y M a l u n ky a putta , have I not e x p l a i n e d this? Because , M a l unkyaputta , t h i s profits n o t , nor has to do with the fundamenta ls of re l igion , nor tends to aversion , absence of passion , cessation , quiescence, su preme wisdom, and N i rvar:ta; therefore , have I not ex plained it?
B ud dhism and w i l l return to a regul a r l ife . By j o i n i ng the "Skillful Means 30 pairs , etern a l - non-etern a l and infinite-finite , there are four teen questions the Buddha refused to answer: 1. I s the Universe eternal? 2. Is the U niverse non-eternal? 3. I s the Un iverse at one and the same time eternal and non-eterna l? 4. I s the universe neither etern a l nor non-eternal? 5. Is the universe infinite? 6. Is the universe fin ite? 7. I s the universe at one and the same time infinite and finite?
The Meditator's Atlas: A Roadmap to the Inner World by Matthew Flickstein