Akhil Datta-gupta, Michael J. King's Streamline Simulation: Theory and Practice PDF
By Akhil Datta-gupta, Michael J. King
This e-book offers a scientific exposition of present streamline simulation know-how - its foundations, ancient precedents, purposes, box reports, and obstacles. a part of the incentive in constructing this textbook used to be to fill in gaps within the mathematical foundations and supply a rigorous presentation of streamline simulation know-how that had now not existed sooner than. This booklet contains a CD with a operating streamline simulator and workouts to supply the reader with hands-on adventure with the expertise.
Read or Download Streamline Simulation: Theory and Practice PDF
Best petroleum books
For the complex natural chemistry researcher who's getting into the glorious international of heterogeneous catalysis generally - and heterogeneous hydrogenation specifically - there isn't any unmarried source equivalent to this to consultant him. operating within the box of heterogeneous hydrogenation myself, I had felt glossy, up to date, readable textual content was once lengthy past due.
The actual ideas of water hammer are defined during this quantity. the elemental mathematical equipment of resolution of water hammer and methods of proscribing its results are lined. particular description is given of the strategy of features and the corresponding courses for private pcs, which allows resolution of water hammer in a large choice of hydraulic platforms encountered in perform.
Prentice corridor collage Div, 1985. Hardcover. e-book
«Subsea Pipeline Engineering» used to be the 1st of its type, written through of the worlds most dear professionals in subsea pipeline engineering. within the upcoming moment version, those veterans have up-to-date their definitive reference e-book, masking the full spectrum of matters within the self-discipline, from direction choice and making plans to layout, building, set up, fabrics and corrosion, inspection, welding, fix, threat review, and appropriate layout codes and criteria.
- Acido-Basic Catalysis, Volume 2 - Application to Refining and Petrochemistry
- Catalysis by transition metal sulphides : from molecular theory to industrial application
- Physical Properties of Chemical Compounds
- Angola: Oil, Broad-based Growth, and Equity
- Separation of multiphase, multicomponent systems
Extra info for Streamline Simulation: Theory and Practice
39) Basic Governing Equations 23 x y Accumulation W z Out-Going Flux N Source R Inward Flux N Boundary of Volume A Volume V Fig. 1—General volume integral. Only the normal component of the flux contributes to the accumulation. Wi = ∫∫∫ Wi dV V ∫∫∫ dV . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 40) V This provides the general form of the finite-difference construction for the conservation equations. Wi n +1 n − Wi + n +1 ∫ n G dt ∫∫ J i • nˆ d A A ∫∫∫ dV = V n +1 ∫ dt∫∫∫ R dV ∫∫∫ dV .
Specifically, the mathematics of streamline simulation will utilize three important operations from vector calculus that are defined below for completeness. The readers can refer to any standard engineering mathematics text book for more details (Kreyszig, 2005). The gradient is a measure of the rate and direction of change in a scalar field. It is defined as ⎛ ⎞ ∇P = ⎜ iˆ ∂ + ˆj ∂ + kˆ ∂ ⎟ P = iˆ ∂P + ˆj ∂P + kˆ ∂P . ∂ ∂ ∂ x y z ∂x ∂y ∂z ⎝ ⎠ The gradient of a scalar field is a vector field and ∇P will be perpendicular to surfaces of constant P, and will point in the direction of maximum change of the pressure.
40) V This provides the general form of the finite-difference construction for the conservation equations. Wi n +1 n − Wi + n +1 ∫ n G dt ∫∫ J i • nˆ d A A ∫∫∫ dV = V n +1 ∫ dt∫∫∫ R dV ∫∫∫ dV . i n V . . . . . . . . . . . . 41) V Of the different terms, the most complicated to evaluate will be the integral of the flGux. To determine the change in the accumulation term, we must evaluate the normal component of the flux, J , on the boundary of the cell, and we must estimate how that flux varies with time.
Streamline Simulation: Theory and Practice by Akhil Datta-gupta, Michael J. King