Get Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technicians, 2e PDF
By Kathy Moscou RPh MPH BSc(Pharm); Karen Snipe CPhT AS BA MEd;
Organized to supply an in-depth assessment of the ASHP content material necessities for pharmacology and anatomy and body structure, Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technicians, 2nd Edition is complete, but approachable. It bargains entire assurance of physique structures constitution to correspond to the best way pharmacology is taught in such a lot courses, in addition to sufferer situations, anatomy and body structure refreshers, drug monographs with tablet photographs, and a few studying aids.
- Overviews of anatomy and body structure at the start of every physique approach unit supply a uncomplicated figuring out of anatomy and body structure that can assist you know how medicinal drugs paintings within the body.
- Mini drug monographs in everybody approach and drug type bankruptcy include worthwhile drug details and tablet photographs for fast reference.
- Summary drug tables with generic/brand identify, ordinary dose and dosing agenda, and caution labels provide at-a-glance entry to information regarding particular drugs.
- Helpful Tech Notes enhance your knowing of the sensible wisdom wanted within the pharmacy environment and help you relate new suggestions to sensible use.
- Tech signals offer serious reminders and warnings that can assist you discover ways to establish and stay away from universal pharmacy errors.
- Technician's Corner severe thinking exercises prepare you for on-the-job occasions through supplying a collection of evidence and asking you to arrive a conclusion.
- Updated drug information guarantees you're acquainted with the newest drug approvals and healing considerations.
- Additional studying resources at the significant other Evolve site include:
- Certification perform exam to raised arrange you for the PTCB or ExCPT exam.
- More keep in mind workouts and games that can assist you hold advanced information.
Read or Download Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technicians, 2e PDF
Similar pharmacology books
Now in its 3rd version, High-Yield™ Pharmacology offers a succinct evaluation of pharmacology whereas clarifying tricky ideas. Need-to-know details is gifted in a transparent, concise define structure. extra beneficial properties comprise up to date drug references, a drug index, key issues in daring, and tables summarizing key evidence.
This targeted quantity explores in silico equipment for pharmaceutical toxicity via combining the theoretical complicated examine with the sensible software of the instruments. starting with a piece masking subtle types addressing the binding to receptors, pharmacokinetics and adsorption, metabolism, distribution, and excretion, the booklet maintains with chapters delving into types for particular toxicological and ecotoxicological endpoints, in addition to vast perspectives of the most tasks and new views in an effort to probably increase our method of modelling prescribed drugs.
- The Pharmacology of Psychotherapeutic Drugs
- MCQs in pharmacology
- Molecular Neuropharmacology: Strategies and Methods
- Ocular Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Pharmacology of Endogenous Neurotoxins: A Handbook
Additional info for Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technicians, 2e
A dose-response curve shows the relationship between the effect(s) of a drug and the administered dose. The effects produced by a given drug dose can be quantified and graphed. The graph is called a dose-response curve. The dose-response curve shows the drug’s relative efficacy and potency (Figure 3-3). A steep dose-response curve indicates that a small change in drug dose will produce a large change in the drug response. A flatter dose-response curve shows that small changes in drug dose produce little change.
When kidney function is critically reduced, dialysis is needed. Dialysis mechanically filters the blood and can increase drug elimination. EFFECT OF DISEASE ON ELIMINATION Lung disease decreases the body’s capacity to eliminate drugs and their metabolites. Bowel disease may increase or decrease elimination. Crohn’s disease causes excessive diarrhea, which speeds the elimination of drugs. When movement of contents of the bowel is slowed, drug elimination is delayed. TABLE 2-3 Routes of Drug Elimination Eliminated in Major Routes Kidney Urine Lung Expired air Bowel Feces Minor Routes Liver Bile Skin Sweat Eyes Tears Mouth Saliva Nose Mucus Penis Semen Breast Breast milk 36 UNIT I Introduction to Pharmacology Proximal tubule Bowman's capsule Bowman’s capsule Proximal tubule Distal convoluted tubule Descending limb of Henle's loop Visceral wall Collecting tubule Ascending limb of Henle's loop Afferent arteriole Parietal wall Visceral wall Parietal wall Juxtaglomerular cells Henle's loop Proximal tubule Distal tubule Papilla of pyramid Bowman's capsule Efferent arteriole Glomerulus FIGURE 2-13 Nephron.
Partial agonist: Drug that behaves like an agonist under some conditions and acts like an antagonist under different conditions. Pathophysiology: Study of structural and functional changes that are produced by disease. Pharmacodynamics: Study of drugs and their action on the living organism. Pharmacotherapeutics: Use of drugs in the treatment of disease. It is the study of factors that influence patient response to drugs. Potency: Measure of the amount of drug required to produce a response. It is the effective dose concentration.
Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technicians, 2e by Kathy Moscou RPh MPH BSc(Pharm); Karen Snipe CPhT AS BA MEd;