Download PDF by W.J. Slater: Cases in Construction Management
By W.J. Slater
Written via the country's major authority on building administration education, this e-book offers sensible examples of building administration difficulties and the way to accommodate them.
Read Online or Download Cases in Construction Management PDF
Best methods & materials books
This key textual content addresses the subject of light-weight claddings in structures and is an invaluable consultant and reference source. Written by means of famous experts within the box, this fourth variation of a longtime textual content has been revised all through to include the newest environmental matters, using wooden and terracotta in cladding, and use of latest fabrics, quite the hot moulded fabrics.
* The best-selling textual content and reference on wooden constitution design
* contains the newest nationwide layout requirements, the 2003 foreign development Code and the most recent info on wind and seismic quite a bit
This booklet seems to be extensive on the houses and behaviour of concrete lower than rigidity, a phenomenon which can reason catastrophic failure of concrete constructions whether it is no longer thoroughly factored into the layout level. After an creation to concrete, the booklet is split into components: half one on static reaction and half on dynamic reaction.
This transparent and concise consultant is the fitting creation to modern housing layout for college students and pros of structure, city layout and making plans. With the expanding dedication to sustainable layout and with an ever-increasing call for for homes in city parts, housing layout has taken on a brand new and the most important position in city making plans.
- Fire Safety Engineering, Second Edition: Design of Structures
- Soil and Rock Construction Materials
- Construction of New Buildings Behind Historic Facades
- Acoustic Absorbers and Diffusers: Theory, Design and Application
- Matter: Material Processes in Architectural Production
- Room Acoustics 5th Edition
Extra info for Cases in Construction Management
Very thorough, will not make a decision unless he has all the facts in front of him. Dull personality. Excellent knowledge of Financial Management. Very hard worker. Invariably works late. Good organising ability. Has some good commercial ideas. Technical Director Age 50. Married, no children. Poor basic education. Good knowledge of plant, served Apprenticeship as a fitter and became Salesman. He had a lot of success as a Salesman but would have difficulty controlling a sales force. Transport Manager Good education.
A More or less. Q Do you involve your subordinates in decision making and problem solving? A Yes, but I make the ultimate decision—the buck stops with me. Q Are you happy with all your Depot Managers? A No—there are one or two I would like to get rid of but the Operations Director will not let me. Q Do you ever raise these points at the Board Meeting? 42 THE NATIONAL PLANT CO LTD CASE A Not really, We are very limited to what we contribute to the Board Meetings. The Main Board Director and the MD dominate the meetings.
9. Value of the contract £1,995,000. 10. —No, they cost too much money for the work they do. 11. —Yes. GM CONSTRUCTION CO LTD CASE 25 12. —Anyone who happens to be around. 13. —No, I believe in delegation, they are sent direct to Head Office. 14. Did he make regular inspection of plant such as crane skips—not regular, but I keep my eye on them. 15. —A watchman–70 years old. He has a relief at the weekend. 16. How many site ‘Break ins’ had there been—six in 12 weeks. 17. —Not much, to the best of my knowledge.
Cases in Construction Management by W.J. Slater