Download e-book for iPad: A Grammatical Description of the Early Classic Maya by Daniel A. Law
By Daniel A. Law
Read Online or Download A Grammatical Description of the Early Classic Maya Hieroglyphic Inscriptions PDF
Similar nonfiction_3 books
Defoe's "Writings and Manliness" is a well timed intervention in Defoe reviews and within the research of masculinity in eighteenth-century literature extra ordinarily. Arguing that Defoe's writings insistently back to the problems of manliness and its opposite effeminacy, this publication unearths how he drew upon a fancy and numerous variety of discourses by which masculinity was once mentioned within the interval.
El Argo, una galera de guerra, partio de Yolcos llevando a bordo una asombrosa tripulacion de heroes y semidioses (Hercules, Orfeo, Atalanta, Castor, Polux, Linceo y otros muchos) con el objetivo de robar el famoso Vellocino de Oro, celosamente custodiado por el rey de Colquide. Esta historia de maravillas y portentos, de extraordinarios episodios que se suceden sin interrupcion y que llevan a los heroes por toda l. a. costa meridional del mar Negro, es asimismo una admirable reconstruccion del caracter y las costumbres griegas (el amor a l. a. comida, el temor a l. a. venganza de los espectros y los dioses), y el mas completo y veraz de los muchos relatos que a los largo de los siglos se han escrito sobre esta remota y fascinante aventura maritima.
In 1990, centuries of harsh domination culminated in Black January, whilst Soviet Troops opened fireplace at the civilian inhabitants of Baku. the subsequent 12 months, Azebaijan declared its independence and commenced rebuilding its political and financial system. Former Communists and competition leaders proceed to fight for dominance.
Turkeys Enagement with Modernity explores how the rustic has been formed within the snapshot of the Kemalist undertaking of nationalist modernity and the way it has remodeled, if inconsistently, right into a democratic society the place tensions among faith, country and society proceed unabated.
- Tom Swift and His Diving Seacopter (The seventh book in the Tom Swift Jr series)
- How To Make Your Own Perfume! - Guide To A Simple And Fun New Hobby!
- James Joyce's Judaic Other (Contraversions: Jews and Other Differen)
- ReaMix: Breaking the Barriers with REAPER
Extra resources for A Grammatical Description of the Early Classic Maya Hieroglyphic Inscriptions
8. 8. 8. 8. 8. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 0. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 0 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 24 4-6 2-4 0-2 25 Figure 4 reveals several sudden and temporary climbs in production over the course of the Early Classic at four sites. Two different surges in production can be seen at Tikal—a mild jump during K’atun 17 of Cycle 8, and more drastic one during the third and fourth K’atun’s of Cycle 9. The rulers responsible for the first spike in text production were Chak Tok Ich’aak I and his successor (but not son) Yax Nuun Ayiin I (Martin and Grube 2000:32).
This act is intransitive, involving only the ruler in question, and the suffix -laj is attached to the root to indicate this. The positional intransitive suffix -laj was first recognized by Barbara Macleod (1987). This example of the -laj positional intransitive suffix is the earliest attested occurrence of any Positional morphology. Another early attestation of chum, in an intransitive usage shows unique suffixation. Lacadena (2002) noted a Positional intransitive suffixed with the syllable [ja], rather than the expected [la-ja] on the ‘Hombre de Tikal’ text, a lengthy Early Classic text tattooed on the back of a husky, and now headless figurine.
E sitz' chojka aktana ub'ajner umen e ijch'ok. ’ K'ojpa ub'aker e chamen winik ta k'opot umen ajk'ampa'rob'. -aj passive found in the script. -aj passive on a transitive root is on Bejucal Stela 2 with the root tz’ap ‘to plant’. 0 or July 24, AD 393. 12 (AD 383). However, Martin and Grube (2000) list the dedication date for this text as AD 416, making it much later than the Bejucal Stela 2 example. 2 THE -V1Y MEDIOPASSIVE The earliest attestation of the -V1y suffix, noted by Houston et al. (2000), is found on Balakbal Stela 5.
A Grammatical Description of the Early Classic Maya Hieroglyphic Inscriptions by Daniel A. Law